Saturday, November 25, 2006

Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death

I turned on my Xbox 360 today and began downloading a music video from their Live service. As it began downloading I hear 3 beeps and my Xbox froze. I reboot the Xbox and I hear the 3 beeps again. It froze again so I rebooted once more and this time 3 red lights show up on the front of the console. I've read about this before and realize that my console is basically dead.

I call 1-800-4-My-Xbox. I am instructed by the computer operator to unplug my console, detach the harddrive, plug the power back in and turn the console on. I do this and the console boots up but then freezes.

A real live person comes on the phone and realizes my console is completely dead. He takes my info and tells me that my console is still under warranty until December 6 so all repairs and shipping are FREE. The turn around time is about 1-2 weeks.

Even though it's been a sad day so far because I've lost a true friend Xbox 360. There is some light at the end of the tunnel and that is I have a Nintendo Wii to play with and everything regarding my Xbox 360 is FREE.

I'm without a friend for a little while but I will fill it in with interacting with real people and listening to sad music to fill the void. I thought about making learning a trade like how to use a screwdriver or how to hammer in nails but that just seemed to difficult.

Please feel free to comment with get well wishes. I'm a wounded hurt in despair human being right now and I need all the support I can get.

Thanks,

Gregory Shane O'Connell

13 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

"ring of fire" is a song...dude!

I got the "ring of death" todsy.

I'm in mourning so please be kind

Julianne B said...

aaahhhh... poor little baby lost his friend... emily... do the world a favor and get this boy into the sun...PLEASE... one more photo of this boys extremely white belly and we are all going to go blind from the glare... don't worry G your friend will be back soon....

Anonymous said...

Get well wishes for an Xbox?

...and people say I'm weird for talking to my fish.

Gregg O'Connell said...

juliANNE: IT HURTS..PLEASE MAKE THE PAIN STOP ...

QOFD: you talk to your fish hahaha..you're so strange!!!

Julianne B said...

fine... I'm sorry i made fun of your white belly.... is the pain gone now...

Gregg O'Connell said...

julianne: my xbox out of commission hurts..not u making fun of my white belly..

dirty: you don't even know what pain is until you're without your xbox 360!!!!

Julianne B said...

uh..right sorry.... I'm sorry that you x box is broken....
Emily... glad I could help and I liked the thizz face blog.. it reminded me that there are people out there mour f*&^ed up then myself...

Gregg O'Connell said...

why dont you ladies try something different..try being nice to me ..i just lost my xbox and you guys are kicking me while i am down

Julianne B said...

i'm only appoliging cause my husband made me.... sorry

Gregg O'Connell said...

he sounds like a good man

Gregg O'Connell said...

that explains alot! so I gues I should be saying "thank you"
instead of "I hate you"

zdenek55 said...

you had a friend bro............ in me Xbox Z60...

Gregg O'Connell said...

bro i miss you.come back home to me