Saturday, July 02, 2005

Marizen @ Sam's By The Sea

Dear Teachers & Faculty Members,

I've been such a busy body on the night circuit of the mean streets of San Diego lately, and best of all its cost me barely anything. Last night I hung out with my newest friend Birka (remember a couple posts ago I stated she and I were dancing at that bar in PB!?!?!). She and I went to go see the ultra cool pop/rock band from Chicago Marizen. This is how small of a world we live in; I met the band Marizen from Chicago b/c they came all the way out to Rhode Island to play a show about 1 1/2 years ago - well my band The Predicates was on the same bill as them. We spoke to Marizen after the show as we were impressed with their music and interested in their story of why they came all the way out to RI to play a show. We signed up for their mailing list and kind of lost touch. Well as you know my band moved to San Diego in November 2004...Well April 2005 rolls around and we get an email from Marizen's mailing list saying they are coming to San Diego for a show. We email them and tell them we now live in San Diego, so we met up with them and watched them play and now we regulary communicate with them and they've become good friends of ours. Erica was going to go to the show last night too but she is in CT & MA for a friends wedding this weekend so I brought my friend Birka.
here are a few photos from the evening


on a side note I've been craving Local H lately so I downloaded a few of my favorite songs by them and I'm totally rawking out dude!

until the next time we speak I bid you adieu,
gregg

No comments: