Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Napping Overrated?

Napping is defined as "sleep: a period of time spent sleeping; "he felt better after a little sleep"; "there wasn't time for a nap"
haha when isn't there time for a nap? Everyone must know I love napping! I started napping a lot when I moved out of my moms house and on my own at the ripe old age of 21. It was probably the mix of working/commuting into Boston and Paxil. I would basically take a nap when I got home from work and then go to bed at like 11pm. Well I've continued practicing the "art of napping" to this day and I'm actually better than ever at it. Because now I work 20 minutes from my house and I'm not on any medication. So I can now nap just by eating something, watching TV on the couch, laying in my bed or surfing the internet. Am I becoming an old fart? Or am I just well trained machined that knows how to nap? The reason I'm bringing up all this nap talk is because for the last two weeks I haven't really napped much and it's affecting me! Why do you ask haven't I been napping? Well the reason is I've been going to the gym sometimes right after work and that's usually when I nap. If I don't go to the gym after work I get caught up on the internet with some fascinating story on Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey or a story on why Tara Reid's boobs have gotten bigger over at yeeeah.com.
The lack of naps has been making get tired as early as 7:00 pm. I can barely keep my beautiful green eyes open past 9:00 pm these days. Please pray for me so I can get back to my golden days of napping - There's nothing like the feeling of crankiness, blurry eyes, confusion & bad breath after a nice long 3 hour nap!

God Rest My Soul

Gregg

No comments: