Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Go Girls Music Fest 2005

I have never done anything charitable with my time before. Yes I've given money to Salvation Army & Animals Shelters, but never my time. Well it all started about a month ago when I met a fellow musician at a show we played with by name of Kim Divincenzo. She is an compassionate full of positive energy person. We've continued to talk through email every so often. Well I got an email from her a couple weeks back saying she was running a benefit for an organization she is part of called Go Girls Music. The purpose of the benefit show is to raise money for ovarian cancer research. She mentioned in the email she needed help from people for all kinds of things from selling raffle tickets at the show to collecting admission at the door to helping the musicians break down their gear. I emailed Kim and told her I would help out by collecting the admission at the door. Surprising huh! I'm going to hopefully get tons of karma points!!!

All the bands playing are all fronted by female singer/songwriters. All the money raised goes to ovarian cancer research.

The show is at the:
Hardrock Cafe - 909 Prospect Street La Jolla, CA
Saturday October 8, 2005
7:30 pm - 1:00 am
Admission: $6 - all ages (after 10pm 21+)

For more info on the show click here

Come by and say hi to me as I don't get out of the house much, so this is a rare opportunity to see me in the flesh! I'll be collecting admission at the door so I should be one of the first faces you see and I have a face any mother would love so that's a good thing for sure! Right?!?!

See ya'll there!
Gregg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just got my pap smear results today and they were normal so i guess i don't need to get involved - but way to go, gregg! and keep up the testicular self-exams - you're doing that to check for cancer, right?

Gregg O'Connell said...

i'm checking for cancer and for pleasure!

Anonymous said...

don't make me write something I'll regret. You've pushed play you've pushed pause, and now your back looking to push play again. What do you think i am? some kind of cheap radio?

Gregg O'Connell said...

i think you're wonderful