Saturday, October 15, 2005

Is The World Ending?

Is the world ending? This question has been asked through out the existence of man. It's also stands to be one of the scariest questions we can ask our universe. We always seem to relate the end of the world with Jesus rising from the dead and doing something really special (Christians think this anyway).

You may be saying "dude look at the signs their are tsunami's, hurricanes, earthquakes, bird flu and thousands upon thousands of people dieing - the signs are there!" Well these natural disasters happen every freakin year. Sure these disasters lately have come along powerfully and frequently but why do we instantly ask the question "is the world ending?"
The extreme right wing members of the church love to speak to the population that God is coming and the world will be ending soon. They love to get people in a scared frenzy so that they can get more converts into their church which in return makes get them more collection money for the church which in return makes the church more powerful. The church and its extremists are notorious for making predictions on God coming or the world ending or some other massive event. You can go here for a list of failed predictions by the church/bible/extremists.

So is the world really ending and should I be scared? No the world isn't ending and you have no need to be scared! What these news channels, church extremists, world leaders and other organizations like to do is whip up fear with world ending disasters so they can sell more commercial time, get more viewers, sell more medicine, vitamins, water, food, etc...It's basically a big marketing scheme so you'll spend money on extra shit you don't need so that rich old white men can buy more cars and houses.

If you have an opinion on this call (619) 377-0593 and I'll post your audio comment or post a text comment here!

Gregg

3 comments:

steve lamontagne said...

I love the news- I am addicted to it –I surf between CNN, BBC and SKY(Australian news) all day(we cant get the republican channel FOX and CNN is from London in NZ)-News is entertaining to me, I watch a lot of world news cause I would like to rule the whole thing or a least have it revolve around me. Dude u love church stuff-I think you should through some cake in the bread basket- hahahha Watch the jimmie joe church vid at www.sjlproductions.net

Gregg O'Connell said...

Anonymous: I can too predict the future..ask me anything and I'll give you the answer it!

Steve: the news is all propaganda - I'd rather have you tell me what's going on...

steve lamontagne said...

if you watch channels from all over the world you can weed out the propaganda, read between the lines- goose is good for the ganda.You like ganda