Tuesday, May 09, 2006

541 Days!

I last saw my mom on November 15, 2004 which was 541 days ago or 1 year 5 months 25 days or
  • 46,742,400 seconds
  • 779,040 minutes
  • 12,984 hours
  • 77 weeks (rounded down)
The point is it's been a very long time! The drought ends today! My mom arrives in San Diego tonight at 8:18pm.

I wonder if she'll cry when she see's me? I wonder if I'll cry when I see her? I know I'll be happy to finally see her. It doesn't really seem like I haven't seen her in that long. I talk to her on the phone 1-2 times a week and I'm pretty caught up in what is going on in her life. She sends me photos of any family parties and such. So the presence of technology definitely gives me the sense of being in my moms daily life even though I am 3,000 miles away.

I'll keep you posted on how everything goes because I know you all are just dieing to know how it turns out! I'm going to try and record the whole airport scene between me and my mom. A kind of reality show greggoconnell.com edition. How awesome would it be if I started crying?!?!?! That would be priceless on video!

gso

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you probably don't realize that the picture you posted gives away exactly how you're feeling... you miss your mom! SO cute :)

Gregg O'Connell said...

like gregory shane once said

"i'm missin' massachusetts and i'm missin' my mom"
what a poet!

bridget: i'll tell my mom you said hi, hello.

Gregg O'Connell said...

my eyes teared up a tiny bit.. :)