Monday, June 12, 2006

Gimme A Break

I've been writing and playing music since I was 14. Been playing live since I was 21. I'm 26 now and I'm not excited about playing music anymore. I need a break. I'm no longer excited to write and play music. Recording feels like a chore. I feel like I'm writing the same song over and over. I don't have the same excitement I did a few years ago.

The most exciting fulfilling time of my musical life was playing in The Predicates. I feel like the best move innovative songs I ever wrote was while I was in The Predicates. Playing with Erica Putis & Dave Tuetken was a great joy in my life. Erica really helped bring out the creative side of me musically with my vocals and lyrics. Dave brought out this incredible energy and punk attitude towards the music I came up with.

Playing Solo after The Predicates ended has been very unsatisfying for me. I ended up caught in this coffeehouse scene in San Diego. Everyone that plays in the coffeehouses out here sounds like John Mayer or Jason Mraz. Here comes me who sounds like a indie rock wannabee.

I'm going to take a break, play DS, Xbox 360, listen to music, play with Herbie & Stowie, nap & work at my awesome job :)

gso

No comments: