Saturday, June 24, 2006

Like A R@wkstar!

I had my last show of my acoustic indie rawk career today. We (Erica & I) were scheduled to play at 11:00 am. We (Emily, Erica & I) arrived at the Del Mar Fairgrounds at like 9:45 am. We saw the booker of the show and fellow musician Tim Mudd as we were walking into the venue. He saw his friend who drives a little golf cart thing and asked him to drive us in.
So we loaded up our equipment on the cart and we were driven to the "talent check in" we gave our passes - got our hands stamped - got back on the cart and were driven like 1/2 mile to the stage. I've never felt like such a bleeping r@wkstar! It was definitely the best part of the show.

The stage was definitely the most rawkstar stage I've ever played on. It was outside and has hosted some real bands like "Blue Oyster Cult". It's located in the beer garden but remember we started at 11:00 am so we only ended up playing to about 20 people at most and they weren't yet drunk. Damn alcoholics where the fuck were you?!?!

I definitely feel like I'm making the right decision on quitting the acoustic solo stuff. I didn't have much of any fun at all today. I wanted to get through the set as quickly as possible. I really want to get the Electronic thing going. It would be weird though because I don't know where D-Fab and I would play? But at the same time I'd be very excited to play live and only have to sing and not play guitar. I could finally dance on stage and act like a complete asshole! Assholes are so cool.

Checkout the photos!

Sending out love thats higher than mountains,
gso

No comments: