Tuesday, November 22, 2005

XBOX 360 Launch Party Marathon

My Xbox 360 journey began yesterday morning @ 9:00 am when I called EBGames.com to confirm that my pre-order that I ordered on September 5, 2005 would be shipping on November 21 and that I'd be receiving it November 22. When I got on the phone with a representative he told me "You missed the deadline for first shipment by 5 days and yours order will be shipping second shipment" ok well when is 2nd shipment? "we don't know". I was like FUCK that sucks so I went onto Plan B: Camp out at Best Buy in Mission Valley and get a damn XBOX 360! I picked up my friend Stephen from his work @ 3:00 pm and we got to Best Buy @ 3:15 pm. When we arrived at Best Buy we noticed there were already 25 people in line. Fuckin' crazy huh?!?! The first person was in line at 12:00 pm. Immediately upon waiting in line we struck up conversations with about a small group. We met this one couple Nicole and hmm I can't remember her boyfriends name, anyway Nicole just got breast implants like 4 days ago so she was icing down her boobs - I Love Ice Cold Boobs! Another guy was from Belgium but now goes to school in San Diego and another guy did his Accounting homework for literally 9 hours! My friend Bill from work and his roommate Herzog came down to hangout with us - Bill actually was nice enough to bring me a 6-inch Turkey & Cheese sub from Subway. At about 10pm the line was filled with about 90 people and these 90 were guaranteed Xbox's. At around 12:30am Best Buy came around handed us tickets with #'s on it guaranteeing us an Xbox and said we can leave for the night but to make sure we are back by 8:00 am or else we don't get an Xbox. 75% of the line went home to go to bed after that but guess who stayed like a stupid ass - ME! I live like 7 minutes away from this place but I was like I'll stick this out and try to sleep. I couldn't fall asleep outside because it was FREEZING so I went in my car turned on the heat but I don't think Honda Civics are made to be slept in. Civics are so small, so I literally slept 20 minutes the whole night. At around 6:30 am the people in line the previous night began to come back to the store and reform the line. After 17 HOURS of waiting it was 8:00 am which signified Best Buy was opening! I got into the store and I picked up an extra wireless controller, a play and charge kit, an extra rechargeable battery, Perfect Dark 0 (game) & Condemed (game).
Leaving with an Xbox 360 in hand and knowing that I was now going home to sleep and play the most powerful console ever in history sounded like heaven to me!

Xbox 360 Launch Photoset

Sleeeeepy and Sick,

Gregg

4 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLISHA!!!!

Iknow I shoulda slept but I'm a gamer!

Gregg O'Connell said...

I'm so not a dork! I was the coolest kid there for sure!

Anonymous said...

WOW man Gregg i worship you, you really are a HARDCORE GAMER, i still have to wait 8 more days for mine.

Ok so spill whats it like playing the most powerfull console ?

oh and a new Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter trailer just hit so go check it.

Gregg O'Connell said...

xbox 360 is awesome: the graphics and Live are what make it so incredible! whats your gamertag on Live?