Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Pressures & Rewards of Relationships

After not being in a serious relationship for over 2 years its a reality check getting back into one. You go from only having to worry about what you want, staying on the computer/internet as long as you want, what makes you happy, what upsets you, what you want to eat, where you want to go, etc...To having to worry about what ALSO makes the other person satisfied, happy, bothered & more.

Obviously the rewards far outweigh the pressures of relationships. You have someone to go grocery shopping with, someone to eat with, someone to hold, someone to kiss, someone to be lovey dovey with, someone to have touch your danger zone besides yourself, etc...

As most of you know I am kind of a selfish person. I give but I probably like to take more than I give. Being in a relationship is alot about giving, letting down your guard, not being so stubborn & being sensitive to the persons feelings, wants & needs. I sometimes forget that the relationship isn't all about what I want/need its also about what the other person wants/needs.

I think its implanted in most guys heads from their moms/dads/society that they should be taken care of and its all about what they want. And to get out of that state of mind is a constant struggle for me. I get caught in cruise control in relationships and go with what comes natural to my mind.

So to all the girls I've been selfish with I'm sorry but blame it on my mom! haha j/k mom you did a good job with me. I respect women and love animals! Two of life's treasures I adore most!

A Work in Progress,
gso

3 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

you can quote the 4th paragraph all day but the 5 & 6th paragraphs explain why I'm not paragraph 4 :)

Mat Kearney is your favorite!

Gregg O'Connell said...

if i were detail orientated i'd be making $50,000/year instead of $33k!

Gregg O'Connell said...

bro she has accepted i am lazy and fat. she wants to make me dinner, clean my room and bath me everyday.

tell cathy i said what what