Sunday, July 16, 2006

Wellness Dog Food

I'm not healthy in the way I eat. Though I do take a multi-vitamin that contains Lycopene so my colon should be nice and healthy. That doesn't mean I can't feed my dog healthy food. I was fooled by the commercials and never read the back of the packaging of my dogs old food Beneful until one day at the dog groomers when they enlightened me.

I was feeding my dog Beneful by Purina. If you ever look at the back of your dogs/cats food and read the ingredients you'd be shocked at what you find. You'll see Animal by-products which consists of intestines, lungs, spleen, livers, kidneys, brains, blood, bone, stomachs, beaks, feathers, and feet. They can come from "4D" animals that are Dead, Dying, Disabled, or Diseased. Pets should not eat by-products that are not fit for human consumption. You'll see corn which is a filler and adds no value to the pets diet. You'll find Wheat by-products which are cheap fillers derived from the leftovers from human food processing. And wheat is an allergen for many dogs and some cats. You'll also see soy, dairy, artificial preservativess, extra sugar & extra salt. Dogs can't digest soy or dairy as it can block their digestive path. Artificial preservatives can cause cancer, excess sugar can cause diabetes & salt can cause hypertension & kidney stress.

I was referred by Herbie's groomer to get Wellness Dog Food because I asked if she knew of any products to help him with his dry itchy paws. She recommended changing his dog food from the McDonalds like food I was giving him to Wellness. Wellness is an all natural dog food that doesn't contain any of that bad stuff that I wrote about in the last paragraph. It's human grade meats and produce. It's made by a company called Old Mother Hubbard out of Chelmsford, MA. They make all natural cat food and dog food. They make everything from treats to dry food to wet food to Supplements. The price of the food you might think would be ridiculously high but it's only slightly more than the national brand dog foods. I paid $35 for a 15 lb bag of food & box of treats. Plus by feeding your dog/cat healthy food it should prevent illness caused by an unhealthy diet that would require vet visits.

I buy my dogs the green bag of Wellness which is called Super5Mix Lamb. For treats I get them the Wellbar Atlantic Whitefish & Sweet Potato. They actually seem to like this food MORE than their old food Beneful. They almost always eat all or most of the Wellness dog food in one sitting.

All natural food is healthy!
Allows you're pet to live longer and healthier!
Wellness is love!

and I am Gregg O'Connell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dog is ugly.

Gregg O'Connell said...

way cuter than Jack! Herbie's awesome!

Gregg O'Connell said...

if you were my pet i'd treat you like the princess you are.