Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Is Dead Really Dead?

When I was a 5 year old little Greggie Poopy Pants I finally realized that we don't live forever and that we actually die. My brother told me this. So I ran upstairs and started banging on my mom's bedroom door "Mom I DON' WANNA DIE....I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!" I was balling like a fat kid who missed out on the limited time McRib at McDonalds.

This is the first major thing I can remember being scared of. I also remember being scared of our cat for some reason. Ha ha she used to chase me around in a circle and I used to scream like a little girl. It's weird because growing up I ended up loving cats. Anyways back to the topic "DEATH!!!"

I think "DEATH" is where all my fears derive from. I've been scared to death of death since the age of 5. It kind of sucks to think that one day you will die and will be no more. Like you just end...You go from having sex with some hot stud with a 7 inch cock in your ass to laying in a casket 6 feet underground with worms and other bugs eating you.

Is there an afterlife? I kind of feel like religion was created to control society and ease our minds on death. I don't think anyone wants to think that once we die there's nothing more to us. It's weird because when I think of when I die it's going to be like all the lights go out and it's only me. I can't hear, see, feel or touch anyone else. It's just me in an infinite black room.

My ideal heaven would be to see all my family, friends & animals I've had in my life along with all the things I've enjoyed in life like fatty foods, video games, internet, music, movies, TV, slutty looking girls, Asian girls, QVC & cold drinks.

If I was given the option to live on earth forever I may just take that opportunity. I'd be hard pressed to turn down such an extravagant gift. Imagine all the things you'd see like the crazy new TV's, wicked super fast internet, new galaxies & all kinds of other crazy shit. The girls in the future will probably have boobs bigger than cow tits and as much milk too!

So to all my dead homies give us peeps on earth a sign of how death really is! Or maybe you can't because maybe when you're dead you're really dead! :(

What do you think happens when you die???

gso

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok look up some of the work by Robert Green Ingersoll. So much good stuff and it can really broaden your outlook on all this =) Heres an example.


I know how vain it is to gild a grief with words, and yet I wish to take from every grave its fear. Here in this world, where life and death are equal kings, all should be brave enough to meet what all the dead have met. The future has been filled with fear, stained and polluted by the heartless past. From the wondrous tree of life the buds and blossoms fall with ripened fruit, and in the common bed of earth, patriarchs and babes sleep side by side.

Why should we fear that which will come to all that is? We cannot tell, we do not know, which is the greater blessing -- life or death. We cannot say that death is not a good. We do not know whether the grave is the end of this life, or the door of another, or whether the night here is not somewhere else a dawn. Neither can we tell which is the more fortunate -- the child dying in its mother's arms, before its lips have learned to form a word, or he who journeys all the length of life's uneven road, painfully taking the last slow steps with staff and crutch.

Every cradle asks us "Whence?" and every coffin "Whither?" The poor barbarian, weeping above his dead, can answer these questions just as well as the robed priest of the most authentic creed. The tearful ignorance of the one, is as consoling as the learned and unmeaning words of the other. No man, standing where the horizon of a life has touched a grave, has any right to prophesy a future filled with pain and tears.

May be death gives all there is of worth to life. If those we press and strain within our arms could never die, perhaps that love would wither from the earth. May be this common fate treads out from the paths between our hearts the weeds of selfishness and hate. And I had rather live and love where death is king, than have eternal life where love is not. Another life is nought, unless we know and love again the ones who love us here.

They who stand with breaking hearts around this little grave, need have no fear. The larger and the nobler faith in all that is, and is to be, tells us that death, even at its worst, is only perfect rest. We know that through the common wants of life -- the needs and duties of each hour -- their grief will lessen day by day, until at last this grave will be to them a place of rest and peace -- almost of joy. There is for them this consolation: The dead do not suffer. If they live again, their lives will surely be as good as ours. We have no fear. We are all children of the same mother, and the same fate awaits us all. We, too, have our religion, and it is this: Help for the living -- Hope for the dead.


Oh and heres one by Epicurus:

"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do?"

Anonymous said...

Dammit theres another really good one that I wanted to post but I just can't find it.... When I do I'll be sure to tell ya =p

Julianne B said...

can i have the name of your dealer.. cause whatever he is giving you i want some...

Erica Ann Putis said...

Wow Gregg... Kevin's pretty deep. :)

I would like to think that the human energy lives on because everything is made of energy. But for the non-scientific I like to think reincarnation would be cool and each life you learn something new and when you have learned everything and are at peace with your "soul" then you move on to some other place... Not sure where this place is... Maybe a higher level of energy.

Gregg O'Connell said...

kevin: who would've thought all that Everquest and World of Warcraft would make you so deep and noble. May the Tolkin live forever!

All I know is death is scary even if it ends up being better than this life..

Julianne: why do you think i'm on drugs? I'm just naturally crazy deep or maybe it's the Flax Seed Pills

Erica: you can't handle energy! stowie has too much energy!

Julianne B said...

flax seed.. k... i'll give that a shot..

Gregg O'Connell said...

Benefits of Flax seed

Its high content of alpha linolenic acids has made the ancient flax seed become our modern miracle food. Alpha linolenic acid is a type of plant-derived omega 3 fatty acid, similar to those found in fish such as salmon. Benefits of flax seed as shown in many studies include lowering total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the Bad cholesterol) levels. Other benefits show that flax seed may also help lower blood triglyceride and blood pressure. It may also keep platelets from becoming sticky therefore reducing the risk of a heart attack.

and

Aside from alpha linolenic acid, flax seed is rich in lignan. Lignan is a type phytoestrogen (antioxidant) and also provides fiber. Researches reveal that lignan in flax seed shows a lot of promise in fighting disease -- including a possible role in cancer prevention especially breast cancer. It is thought that lignan metabolites can bind to estrogen receptors, hence inhibiting the onset of estrogen-stimulated breast cancer.

Gregg O'Connell said...

its not very fun telling people what to do trust me i do it everyday :P

Gregg O'Connell said...

now you sound likea religious fanatic aka that guy jarod from subway

Gregg O'Connell said...

QofD: You basically have that same fear that guy had in that Metallica video from the 80's. The "One" video

"I can't remember anything
don't know if this is true or dream..
deep down inside i feel this something something"

remember? if not then you should really catch up your Metallica Videography!

But I agree dying is fucking scary shit!

Erica Ann Putis said...

I love Jared from subway. It's Bill's twin in my book... But have you notice that Jared is gaining some of his wieght back??? Humm... I think Subway may be doing false advertising.

Gregg O'Connell said...

maybe he just got comfortable b/c he got married and now he eats the fattening subs at subway liek steak and cheese or meatball!

Anonymous said...

No Comment!