Thursday, January 04, 2007

Video Games Ate My Brain

This probably hasn't happened to you because, most likely you're a mom, business professional or single girl who likes to drink alone but, when I play video games for a prolonged time my brain turns into a zombie. If I'm playing a game like Resident Evil where I get chased or a game with driving in it like Grand Theft Auto then when I get into the real world I actually expect to be shot at or rammed into by someone else's car. I'll be walking Herbie outside after a long intense battle with some zombie creature and I'll be looking around feeling like I need to duck in order to not get hit, it's kind of creepy. I'd definitely be that guy on the news that played video games for 24 hours straight then goes and jumps off a cliff to his death. When I'm playing scary games I need to constantly need to look over my shoulder to make sure Emily doesn't come up behind me and scare me ha ha.

Yesterday I got home from work, took Herbie for a walk & then for like 2 hours straight played WWE: Raw vs. Smackdown. That's actually not that bad, what makes it bad is after I ate dinner I got back on the Xbox 360 and played for another 2-3 hours. Talk about a "Videot"(video game idiot)!!! The zombie state felt after playing wrestling for over 4 hours was, I felt disconnected from the rest of the household. I wanted to share some "cuddle time" with Emily but I couldn't. My body wanted some female affection but my brain wanted to be a vegetable. I was so out of it that I couldn't even muster up enough brain activity to write a blog! Now I know how it feels to be one of those teenie pop stars that has has everything done for them from songs getting written for them to having their clothes picked out so they don't need to think!

gso

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a PS2 junkie, specifically for the game "Gun." I was on a dangerous path of becoming addicted to Grand Theft Auto Vice City and had to return it to Blockbuster before I lost my job. I understand.

Gregg O'Connell said...

xtina: It's nice to have someone online that understands me. I thought I was the only "videot" ...I'm surprised you liked the game "Gun" ...girls seem to like more RPG's (Roleplaying Games)

Gregg O'Connell said...

qofd: is that the game where you roller over everything to create a monster ball of trash?

Erica Ann Putis said...

You should become a professional gamer then you wouldn't have to work and your brain could turn to mush all day long.

Gregg O'Connell said...

erica: who would watch your dog all day as I was gaming?

Anonymous said...

Gun is an AWESOME game. Have you played it? If so, there's one piece of gold I can't find and it's torturing me. I think I have weeks of my life invested in trying to find it.

Gregg O'Connell said...

xtina: I played it for a few days but it didn't really hook me in.

Did you try searching for "Gun Walkthrough" on Google. That should help you find the last piece of gold

Anonymous said...

Great tip, I'll check it out. You're awesome!

Gregg O'Connell said...

xtina: thanks I think so too.. :P

Julianne B said...

that doesn't happen to be but I get blog brain... where i keep thinking that i'm right next door to people and I should go over and have coffee... it gets gets confusing sometimes

Gregg O'Connell said...

julianne: "blog brain" might just be the next alzheimers

Julianne B said...

yea totally...

Anonymous said...

Last week, I saw a glimmer of light on the wall at my job. I instinctively dropped into a prone position to dodge the sniper's bullet.

I think we're suffering from a sort of video-game-shellshock.

Gregg O'Connell said...

like a modern day vietnam but "virtual"

dc1904 said...

Gregg,

Doesn't your brain turn into a zombie at work too?

Captain Mo

Gregg O'Connell said...

captain: No, b/c I'm now processing transfers on "expert mode"

dc1904 said...

Greggor,

When did 'processing a transfer' require any effort??

HAHA!