Friday, January 26, 2007

The Worst Short Story Ever Written by Gregg O'Connell


Cascading down the mountain side, I stopped to smell the flowers. She briefly for that moment sat in a somber state believing every word I said, "When the time is right we'll do it" I said with much vigor. She laughed it off like it was one of those times by the river when we'd touch each other's private parts until Mona started crying out in pain. I knelt down beside her like a man does when proposing to a woman "Do you really want to take this feeling of lust over love?" I asked with concern. She responded very quickly and dramatically "YES! YES!" She always had a way of easing my concerns with her gentle touch along my thigh.

I stood confused because what was once just a friendship blossomed into moments of fleeting lust for one another. "Is this the feeling all the other boys were talking about when Father Ryan would treat them to a game of doctor and patient" I asked myself. Trembling like a puppy straight out of the bath as I inched closer to her. She lay their confident and as still as a brick. Her soft skin and shiny hair baked in the sun and was warm to the touch. Inside my stomach churned like it does when eating too many of mothers cookies in one sitting.

I began sliding both my hands up her legs until I reached her upper thighs when all the sudden all I saw was black. "Did God strike me down for trying to do what only the married folks are supposed to do" I woke up 2 hours later with a bruise on my forehead the size of Colorado's country side & sweet Mona hands caressing my shoulders. "Are you alright darling" Mona said...."Why Yes..but...but I don't know what happened..." Mona went onto explain that as I got to her thighs my eyes rolled into the back of my head "pluff" I was out like a light. I felt embarrassed and ashamed that I had gone against God's word.

We never went back to the stream alone, I felt like God had made the decision for me that I wasn't yet ready for "adult matters". I took his "advice" and on my free time dedicated my life to him by spending time with Father Ryan.

I hope you enjoyed story time with me, I know I did...

gso

21 comments:

Erica Ann Putis said...

This is by far the best story I have ever read. It's great how you are making more of an effort and turning into a real poet.

Travis said...

I'm dying a little inside

Gregg O'Connell said...

erica: thank you it took me a long time to write up this story. 15 minutes of life spent slaving over a story of this magntitude took a lot of energy out of me...

travis: you're too kind

Dan said...

I'm dying a LOT inside.

Dude, what's with the photo? I'm a guy. I react to visual stimuli. Why didn't you put a photo of a naked babe or something?

Gregg O'Connell said...

dan: I added some sex appeal for you bro. you like? high five?

Gregg O'Connell said...

emily: this story really shows off my versatility as a writer...my mind is likea beach...if that makes sense

dc1904 said...

You need some fatherly guidance in your life son. Come over to me when you're ready to be a real man.

Or start listening to Tom.

Gregg O'Connell said...

captain: I get smart listening to NPR son..get with it@

Erica Ann Putis said...

You should write a story every week. I seriously laughed my ass off.

Gregg O'Connell said...

erica: for real you laughed? I actually was very impressed with my writing and vocabulary...
I think that's a good diea for em to write one short story every single week! haha!

Erica Ann Putis said...

Now that I re-read it with a clean plate - maybe it's not hysterical but it's definately mildly amusing.. Haha...

Gregg O'Connell said...

erica: you suck! you know it's a wonderful story filled with satire, sex & young love!

Anonymous said...

i loved it-
for obvious reasons
it was beautiful

Gregg O'Connell said...

pastlife: I'm wonderful aren't I?

Anonymous said...

wonderful you say!!!!

from a pastlife-wonderful!!!!
does not touch or define-it's truth

Anonymous said...

to dc1904

judgemental people like you
provoke people in this world to be synical

if you don't have an artistic gene in your soul

WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY !!!

to judge art

your comment is ignorant

and don't dignify this response
with the freedom of speech copout

because it is a copout
for a lack of an intelligient response

Anonymous said...

gregg

inspite of time and space
and life

i will always defend
your creativity

Gregg O'Connell said...

pastlife: the truth is never as true as it could be

captain: i'm the biggest pussy who made up this mythical tale..

if you're so smart son than battle me to a war of wits!

anonymous: thank you for sticking up for me. i was looking for a virtual bodyguard :)

Anonymous said...

your welcome

from what was-

i have always hoped
to have been your Muse
to have whispered in your ear and inspired
your words and music

Gregg O'Connell said...

anonymous: you're angel not yet in heaven

Gregg O'Connell said...

captain: I love the bickering in here! I've dreamed this day would come and it's definitely arrived!
God bless you all!