Monday, October 30, 2006

QVC & HSN

I'm sitting here watching 2 of my favorite channels. I keep switching between QVC & HSN. They both are selling jewelery. This lady just called in to say that she has just bought a pair of earrings that are today's special value. The host asks "What do you do for a living?" The caller "I'm a registered nurse" The host "oh Betty thank you for all the hard work you do for our country" I love TV shopping channels but sometimes they make me want to puke. These hosts (except for David Venable) are the cheesiest, fakest mofo's I've ever watched. Everything they sell have it be jewelery, TV's or food is always the best most amazing product ever.

HSN is selling a "London Blue Topaz Silver Ring" and the host just announced that he has never seen a price like this before for this quality of a ring, you can't find blue topaz anywhere else, sales are going to explode & something he has never said before about blue topaz "buy more than one" These are are bold statements!

TV shopping personalities maybe more sleazy than used car salesmen. I can't get enough of them though. The best part is watching the sucky hosts. The ones that are on at like midnight that start stumbling over all their words and sound like complete idiots.

The fakest most clueless host is this lady on HSN Shannon Smith. I love watching her sell electronics most of all. She comes on and sounds like a freaking robot reading from a sheet. My boy David Venable has all the personality in the world and shines like a bright flame that burns all night. Shannon Smith on the other hand makes you want to cringe and change the channel. If she was your date she's be the type of girl who tried too hard. You know those girls the ones that annoy the fuck out of you because they force everything rather than letting it happen naturally.

So to my QVC and HSN hosts I thank you for entertaining me all these years.

gso

12 comments:

Julianne B said...

your addicted to QCV and HSN like i'm addicted to the Space channel and the Discovery channel.... it's all good

Gregg O'Connell said...

julianne: we're like brother and sister or burger and fries

dirty: i would love to order that much stuff from QVC. id be in heaven

Anonymous said...

I hate try hards...just sayin

Gregg O'Connell said...

thats gives me a good idea for a blog post.."things I hate"

thx!

Bobby said...

David is my hero.

I used to watch QVC back when I was younger (12-13) and that year, in 1994 they had a search for new products all across the country! It was intense.

You know you have a problem when you know the QVC phone number off hand.

OHHHH... And the QVC morning show back in 94 was MUCH better than it is now. It was almost like a Today show type format.

All together now: 1-800-345-1515

And your even worse if you know the automated number. 1-800-345-1212.

Bottom line: I share your love for QVC O'Connell.
Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qvc

Gregg O'Connell said...

yikes bobby you are a super tv shopping fan! i dont know the #'s my heart wow!

we need some QVC tshirts so we can sport them in photoshoots!

we also should have QVC group meetings!

Gregg O'Connell said...

no last time i wrote about David Venable!
Today I wrote about QVC and HSN!

stop hating jealous girl!

Anonymous said...

On your "Things I hate" list, you can't include anything from your "Things I'm afraid of" list.

Gregg O'Connell said...

I can do whatever I want! It's my blog!

Anonymous said...

Shannon Smith is a babe I'd do anyday on the set of HSN. She is beautiful and I'd make her scream. Love Shannon..........

Gregg O'Connell said...

dude she's a lezzie

Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember when Shannon Smith was FAT and had long dark hair? She has done an amazing transformation. Does anyone know where old photos of her can be found?