Thursday, August 17, 2006

Screwing with Filipinos at Lunch

My department is broken up into 6 different groups. Out of about 50 employees probably 15-20 of them are Filipino. One of the groups which has 5 employees are all Filipino and are all from the Philippines. Their English is ok but not as good as someone that has lived her for their entire life which is understandable.

This same group always eat lunch at 11:00 am and ALWAYS sit at the same lunch table. They all share lunch together. It's usually something fish based and always with white rice. I've been thinking lately what I could do to fuck with them and mess up their monotony. I was originally thinking of taking an early lunch and sitting at their table before them and see what they say. Ha ha they would definitely tell me to move. We call them the "Filipino Mafia" because they all stick together and if one hates you then they all hate you and vice versa.

I decided on writing a letter and leaving it on the table they sit at. It was going to say the table is reserved for someone else and to please not sit there. Now this is very ridiculous because no one ever reserves lunch tables because there are always plenty of tables. But I knew they would believe the letter. The letter I wrote is completely absurd ha ha. Here it is:

"THIS TABLE IS RESERVED FOR A
PIZZA PARTY TODAY @ 11:05 AM.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR WISHES AND
SIT AT ANOTHER TABLE SO MY
GROUP CAN ENJOY A RIGHTEOUS
PIZZA PARTY.

THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION

Soandso Onthego"

Look at the name So And So On The Go
haha!

When I went out to the cafeteria for lunch I found that they actually were sitting at a different table. When they went back to work after lunch my co-worker Curly John told them that I had written the note. So when I got back one of the women came up to me in her heavy accent and says
"What you jealous?" "I know that was joke no one ever reserve table in lunch room" She was so pissed I loved it! I'm so fuckin immature!!!

My experiment worked! They actually can function and eat at a different lunch table.

gso

7 comments:

Gregg O'Connell said...

it took like 1 minute of my time. are you saying you don't have 1 minute of free time during the day?

everything i do only take s a few minutes :)

gso

Gregg O'Connell said...

haha ur bad! but it is true!

Gregg O'Connell said...

filipinos are the best race

Anonymous said...

Gregg, you are the whitest filipino around! Don't worry, your obsession with them will pass. It's just that you didn't see or know any growing up... In a year or two, you'll realize they're just high-end mexicans.

Former filipino banger

Gregg O'Connell said...

thank you for the advice. it sounds spot on. you've been on earth for a few years huh?

Applecross WC said...

I wish I worked with some Filipino's :(

Gregg O'Connell said...

why do you wish that?