Sunday, December 17, 2006

Converse One Designs

Converse has a section on their website where you can customize your own shoe over at www.converseone.com and purchase it after you're complete. A Percentage of the sales from the shoe you design will be donated to the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis & Malaria.

It's pretty fun to customize the colors and words on the shoes. You can pick from Chuck Taylor All-Stars, Jack Purcells, Premiere One Stars and that also includes the high tops and low tops.
I love Converse sneakers so this is like "Converse Heaven" for me.

I had this idea of emailing my friends from the internet and having them customize their own Converse sneakers. Then have them email me back their designs and I'd put them on my website. Then have whoever visits my website vote on who designed the sneaker you'd most likely wear & the ugliest sneaker.

What does the winner get? The satisfaction of designing the coolest Converse sneaker in the world!

Check out the designs and don't forget to comment on what you think!!!

Designer: Kevin Weil
Kevin Weil's Converse One Kevin Weil's Converse One

Designer: howtokillpeople.com
howtokillpeople.com's Converse One howtokillpeople.com's Converse One

Designer: greggoconnell.com
greggoconnell.com's Converse One greggoconnell.com's Converse One

Designer: EricaPutis.com
ericaputis.com's Converse One ericaputis.com's Converse One

Designer: Emily Ignacio
Emily Ignacio's Converse One Emily Ignacio's Converse One

Designer: Mr. Dixon
mr dixon back mr dixon

Designer: PunkyStyle.com
punky back punky
and PunkyStyle designed these as well
punky2 back punky2

24 comments:

Julianne B said...

Dude I didn't get the email.. i'm hurt... well I sent you one anyway... hope you like it

Julianne B said...

never mind... don't publish mine.. I repeat don't publish mine.. it looks exactly like Mr.dixons, only mine is a cavas slip and it has a sappy ID on the side...

Gregg O'Connell said...

Julianne: I did try emailing you. I looked on your site and couldn't find an email address. Second I never got your submission anyway :(

Anonymous said...

They all look like something that could be sold in stores, but that SD Charger shoe looks like a keeper. GSO for President!

Gregg O'Connell said...

president of converse or USA?

Anonymous said...

pick me pick me!!

Gregg O'Connell said...

as for the ones i'd most likely wear i'd have to chose either mine
or erica's..

as for ugliest haha i'd have to go with either kevin's or howtokillpeople.com
not really into hightops :)

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I'm going to buy the shoes I designed and then I'm going to come down there and kick you with them.

Gregg O'Connell said...

my website is the official counter!!! He's fair and a great counter

Anonymous said...

We were trying to make the best design? Sorry I misunderstood, I didnt know converse shoes could look good so I just went with the most ridiculous. Then I added GSO to the back for extra points....O well...

Gregg O'Connell said...

kevin: converse are awesome! like totally tubular!
you ain't a rawkr if you dont own a couple pairs of converse!

Anonymous said...

OKay, I conceed, you were fluffing quite well and I lashed out.

I'm sorry

Anonymous said...

but my shoes RULE

Gregg O'Connell said...

Travis: I love you..is that too soon to say?

Julianne B said...

Thank god you didn't get it.. any way.. I vote for travis's shoes... I like the skull thing..

Gregg O'Connell said...

JULIANNE: you're from Canada right? so I'm thinking your voite should only count as half a vote with the exchange rate and all

Anonymous said...

I think I like Emily's the best... Purple and all... I also like Punky's all yellow ones. Rocka waka!! (that's my new saying for cool shoes)

Gregg O'Connell said...

erica: my new phrase for cool shoes "Gawd Awesome"

Julianne B said...

well then my whole family votes for travis and that is 25 votes... at todays exchange rate at 21:42:45 UTC the rate is 1 CAD = 0.864081 USD so that makes my family votes worth 21.6020... so travis wins hands down... see and people think the canadian dollar is worth nothing.. kiss it greg..

Anonymous said...

But that has nothing to do with walking or shoes. Unless of course you are god.

Gregg O'Connell said...

julianne: votes only count if the person who is voting comments..so your familys 25 votes only count if they each individually vote on my site :P

erica: you love GOD!

Anonymous said...

The Canadian vote goes to Travis

Gregg O'Connell said...

that kind of like saying "canada has our backs in war"

Anonymous said...

Gregg,
good point.
and yes, it's still a little early for I love you's.

Travis