Thursday, December 21, 2006

Nude Anxiety Tale

The story I am about to tell you was told to me today by a co-worker. It's a tale of anxiety and who doesn't love a good story about anxiety? We'll call my co-worker Jesper in order to protect her name and identity.

Well about 2 years ago Jesper awoke one night having trouble breathing and pain in her chest. She didn't think it was an anxiety attack since she never had one previously. She thought she was in the middle of a heart attack. She began to sweat profusely, and best of all she was naked. I guess she sleeps naked who knows, either way she was a sweaty naked mess in the midst of a so called heart attack. She was living with her sister Telly, so she ran into her sister's bedroom with her brother in law in the same bed to wake them up. "TELLY, WAKE UP! I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK! MY CHEST HURTS, I CAN'T BREATHE AND I'M SWEATING PROFUSELY!!!" Telly awakes in A foggy haze "Jesper what are you doing? And WHY ARE YOU COMPLETELY NAKED?!?!?" Jesper in a huffing and puffing voice "I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK CALL 9-1-1 NOW!!!" Telly calls 9-1-1 and eventually has to dress Jesper since Jesper can't seem to calm down and do it herself.

The EMT's arrive and when Jesper see's them she starts running around the house as the EMT's try to grab her and calm her down. Jesper starts to scream as she is running around the house "I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK HELP ME!" The EMT's must've been dying to laugh because if you were having a heart attack there's no way you'd be running around the house especially for that long. The EMT's are like "Mam calm down...you're not having a heart attack.." They eventually get Jesper calmed down and get her into the ambulance.

She ends up finding out that it was just an anxiety attack. It's funny how when you're scared you don't really think logically. First off she dropped all of her inhibitions of being naked in front of her sister and brother and law. Second if she had thought calmly she would've realized she wasn't really having a heart attack because she'd most likely would've been passed out within a few minutes otherwise.

This Merry Christmas shout out goes to all the people (including myself) who have issues with anxiety!

Have you ever done something crazy or seen anything crazy during an axiety attack?

gso

4 comments:

Dan said...

Dude (why am I compelled to call all guys "dude"?), thanks for visiting my depraved corner of the blogosphere.

I swung by to see how depraved your corner was and, believe me, I wasn't disappointed.

Merry Christmas and all that bro'.

Gregg O'Connell said...

Dan,

Merry Christmas to you to braaahhhh!

Thanks for stopping by :)

gso

Erica Ann Putis said...

How about almost fainting... Not really that exciting but can really make you think somethings wrong. I love being a hypochondriac!!

dc1904 said...

Honestly, anxiety attacks are lame.

That story reminded me of Will Farrell in Talladega nights when he was always running around in his tidy whities cuz he thought he was on fire!