Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bands to Check Out!

Ok I'm running low on things to write about and I'm really getting burnt out. This 30 posts in 30 days is pretty hard but not as hard as I thought it would be. Putting yourself in the public eye is refreshing and scary at the same time. When I think of the people that read this website ( Dirty Captain, Emily, Erica, Julianne B, Dirty & White guys searching for Peter Griffin) it's awfully stressful. Being on top of my game day in and day out takes me to the brink of insanity. Do you really want to see me go insane?

So in an attempt to keep you (my readers) in touch with reality and good music. I will now give you insight into some of the coolest underground bands that are out there that you may not know about and the albums that are really good by the artist! So here are 5 albums/artists to go buy/download!

Lemonheads - Lemonheads (2006) It's their new self titled album and it's their first new album in 8 years! Their best album since "Shame About Ray".

Ben Kweller - Ben Kweller (2006) This may be his best album yet. It has awesome melodies and harmonies and the songs are solid like a bunch of bricks holding down a body in the deep blue ocean.

Matt Pond PA - Several Arrows Later (2005) My absolute favorite band right now. The songs are pretty and sad. They remind me of New England. Oh how I long for some of my moms home cooking and some Chinese chicken fingers!

Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself (2005) This album is so sexy and relaxing. It'll make you feel like you are in love even while you're at work. It's a mood setter just like candles at night in a bedroom with a naked woman with the lights low.

Rogue Wave - Descended Like Vultures (2005) This album is so good from the first track to the last. You can dance to it slightly, sleep to it, make love to it & drive at night with the windows down. So Hit the wind head on with this album and you're ears will shake with glee.

Not only are you a smart music fan but you're also a cooler one now. To quote the great Barbara Walters "The world may be full of fourth-rate writers but it's also full of fourth-rate readers."
So be the one on your block that has not only a good ear but also a nice tight bum.

gso

2 comments:

Erica Ann Putis said...

There we go...

Who's the hot stud in the pic? Your new boyfriend?

Gregg O'Connell said...

he is pretty cute if you like ugly kids.

my bum is coming along nicely. i sweat alot then i go home and eat Recee's