Thursday, September 21, 2006

Help! I Can't Get on the Internet

I got a voicemail at 6:04 pm from my mom. listen to the voicemail
"Gregg I can't get on the internet, I sent you an email" Ha ha I'm thinking to myself how the hell can she email me but not be on the internet.

My mom has had a computer for two years and doesn't know when to left click, right click or double click. She doesn't know how to get to her Desktop nor does she know how to access her photos. I must answer like once a month the same questions ever month. It's very fun!!!

So I call my mom and I'm like what's up? She say's she when she opens Internet Explorer it pops up for a second then goes right away. So after searching Google and uninstalling AIM which she said is when the problem started happening because it auto updated.

So at this point I'm really aggravated like as aggravated as the first time someone called me gay. So I'm like fuck it lets download Firefox. So I go and download Firefox and try emailing it through Gmail but Gmail doesn't allow you to send exe files so I zip it up. Again Gmail scans the zip file and says it won't send an exe file. I then try Yahoo Mail and this works! She gets the zip file and tries saving it by Outlook blocks her from saving it because it thinks its a virus. I do a Google search on why Outlook is blocking this I figure it out and finally she can save it and install Firefox.

After being on the phone for 1 hour and 16 minutes the problem is resolved. I think the moral of this story is don't ever let your parents get a computer. They didn't have them readily available in the 50's and 60's and they shouldn't have them in the 2000's!!! If you need computer tech support call me up 619-377-0593.

Love Tech Support,

Gregg

3 comments:

Erica Ann Putis said...

Ok - Jimmy Fallon. MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julianne B said...

I can relate.. i worked the HP help desk for 3 years... well good for you thought on getting the problem resolved.. i wouldn't have been able to.. printers where my thing.. and next time i'm having pc issues I AM calling you just to make you regret putting your number there...

Gregg O'Connell said...

Erica: haha i' totally jimmy fallon on the phone heling her with her computer

julianne: you should call my mom cause she needs help with her printer too

dirty: i'm an ok son